About Unity on Greenville – A positive path for spiritual living
Unity on Greenville is a spiritual community that offers practical teachings to help people live meaningful, healthy and prosperous lives. Our philosophy is spiritual and love-based. We are a home of loving, inclusive spirituality. No judgment. No pressure. No hype. Just God.
Unity unabashedly focuses on and celebrates "the original blessing" -- emphasizing the sacred worth and divine potential within everyone. Be warned: We reserve the right to accept everybody, without regard to race, creed, age, physical ability, sexual orientation or religion of origin. That's our position and we’re sticking to it!
Serving Dallas since 1942
Unity on Greenville has been the home of positive, practical Christian spirituality serving the Dallas metroplex since 1942. Our Sunday services, weekly classes, workshops, and prayer and study groups are life-enriching, informational, warm, and inspirational. Because we are continuing to grow in membership, our programs and services are available to for your ongoing spiritual growth. We invite you to come grow with us. Experience the joy, peace, and supportive atmosphere at Unity on Greenville!
Unity’s Statement of Diversity
We believe that all people are created with sacred worth. Therefore, we recognize the importance of serving all people within the Unity family in spiritually and emotionally caring ways. We strive for our ministries, publications, and programs to reach out to all who seek Unity support and spiritual growth. It is imperative that our ministries and outreaches be free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, creed religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical disability, or sexual orientation. Our sincere desire is to create a spiritually aware community that is nondiscriminatory and supports diversity.
What is Unity?
Unity respects and honors all other religions and spiritual paths.
Founded in 1889, Unity is a worldwide educational and religious organization founded in Kansas City, Missouri. With over 1,000 churches in the United States, Unity offers a practical philosophy for living and an extremely positive approach to life. Unity seeks to accept the good in people and all of life--unabashedly focusing on and celebrating the "original blessing." Unity has no strict creed or dogma but offers a comprehensive teaching to all who are seeking a deeper understanding of their spiritual nature.
More information: Unity World Headquarters, Unity Village, Missouri:
The 5 Basic Unity Principles
1. We believe that there is only one Presence and one Power in this universe--God, the good.This truth is at the very heart of Unity. There is only one Presence. There is only God. Therefore, God is omnipresent. This universal presence is an aspect of God. Since God is all, there can be nothing outside of God. There can be no place where God is not. Everything is part of God. Therefore, God is more than omnipresent; God is Omnipresence! "There is only one presence and one power active in the universe and as my life, God the good, omnipotent."
2. Human beings have a spark of divinity within them, the Christ spirit.Their very essence is of God, and, therefore, they also are inherently good. Thus, God is individualized in each person and in the universe as the Christ.
3. Human beings create their experiences by the activity of their thinking. Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought. God operates in the universe according to this law of mind action: "Thoughts held in mind produce after their kind."
4. Prayer is creative thinking that heightens the connection with God-Mind and, therefore, brings forth wisdom, healing, prosperity, and everything good.Prayer is talking to God. Meditation (the silence) is listening to God.
5. Knowing and understanding the laws of life, also called Truth, are not enough. A person must also live the truth that he or she knows. We must walk the talk using the spiritual tools of release and affirmation during daily prayer and meditation. A desire without a deed is a dead end.
More on Unity Beliefs
We believe that Jesus fully expressed his divine potential and sought to show humankind how to express ours as well. We see Jesus as Our Way Shower, Elder Brother, and Master Teacher. He taught universal truth. Traditionally in Unity, we use the term “Christ” to mean the divinity in humankind. Jesus was a perfect demonstration of the Christ in expression.
Unity co-founders, Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, studied the Bible as history and allegory, and interpreted it as a metaphysical representation of humankind’s evolutionary journey toward spiritual awakening. Today, Unity recognizes that the Bible is a complex collection of writings compiled over many centuries. We honor the writings as reflecting the understanding and inspiration of the writers at the time they were written. It continues to have meaning for us today.
Youth and Family Ministry
Unity recognizes that there are many expressions of family life. All are welcome.
Unity creates an affirming environment that fosters positive self-image, personal responsibility and unconditional love and acceptance.
In Unity, we feel a sacred responsibility, individually and collectively, to make a positive difference through active service in our communities and in our world.